Written By: Tayler Cathrine
In the military, it’s not unheard of for families to move every few years. There are those families that rarely move, which I know quite a few of, but my family is not that family. We are approaching 11 years since my husband joined, and we are currently on our seventh move. The moves, in and of themselves, are a lot to go through as a family and a couple. Then throw in a growing family, moving overseas, and doing it alone while your spouse is deployed. I have been fortunate to have my husband with me every time, but I have experienced two moves while eight months pregnant, and three different moves with a newborn and very young children. Five of these moves were cross-country, and two were overseas.
Between never knowing if your items are going to get to you in one piece, in a timely manner, or at all; it can be stressful! It can be heartbreaking saying goodbye to all the great friends you made and scary heading to a new location. You may love the new place, hate it, have no clue what you are about to move into, etc. You may even not have a destination set on the other end. You may be trying to sell the house you’re in currently. I mean, honestly, ALL the variables really could send you to a looney bin. As I was packing up our house this last week to hit the road, I had piles of things to give away, piles of things to go with us, bags that needed to go in a specific car, and piles that needed to go to the other car, piles that were going to friends…. you get the idea. Then I had to clean a house while all five of my kids were in it!!! Don’t let me forget that one child broke his ankle and another has his hand splinted up. Military families are only too familiar with the concept, “when it rains, it pours.” We have been no strangers to the “pour.” BUT, man, are we resilient and strong. Shedding tears doesn’t take away from that.
Can I tell you something, though? I oddly love the chaos. It’s a new adventure all the time. That’s how I like to look at it. Here are my moving takeaways:
- It ALWAYS gets done. No matter how bad my house looks, it never fails that we leave it empty and clean. Sure, there are extra spots on the carpet and patched up areas on the walls, but it always gets done. The morning we left, we had a friend come over at 5:30 am, and he helped vacuum our house before we rolled out at 7 am. Another friend came and wiped down my kitchen while I focused on my room. One thing I know about military friends is that we get it, and we are there for each other.
- There is always something good about the next duty station. No matter how much you don’t want to go to the new destination, there is always something good about it. It could be the people, location, opportunities, and so on. We lived in one area that I did not like at all, but the places I got to see because we lived near so much was worth it! Our home was awful; no one that came and visited could honestly say otherwise, haha. There’s good everywhere; you just need to be open to seeing it.
- Goodbyes never get easier. I cry every time. I love people, and it hurts when I have to say goodbye, BUT luckily with all our moving, I get to see so many of these friends all over the world. It’s been amazing how we have met up with friends again and again. The best part is that when you meet up, it feels like no time has passed at all.
- You get to see new places.
- You become resilient. Listen, we can get through anything. There have been many times over the years that I truly believed I couldn’t get through it. I would cry out to God that it was too much, but with Him, I continued to take a step forward—and, man, oh man, I would eventually see the light again. I loved seeing the memes this last year about Covid just being another day in military life. It has given us a leg up. We are some of the toughest families I know!
I encourage you to read Psalm 27. Here is just one verse from it:
“Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord” -Psalm 27:14).
I encourage you to look up and pray for more verses that can encourage you in your military life.
Written By: Tayler Cathrine
**To be continued….(look out for Part 2 coming next!)
lanoxin 250mg over the counter order lanoxin 250 mg online cheap oral molnupiravir
acetazolamide 250mg uk diamox pill azathioprine 50mg pills
order lanoxin 250 mg for sale buy lanoxin online cheap buy molnunat 200 mg pill
order amoxil 500mg sale cost amoxil ivermectin medication
order carvedilol 25mg generic amitriptyline 10mg without prescription cheap amitriptyline 10mg
buy alendronate 35mg generic cheap furadantin motrin us
order generic indomethacin 75mg cenforce 50mg pills cenforce 100mg pill
order pamelor pills paroxetine online order paxil for sale
doxycycline 100mg oral methylprednisolone 16 mg over counter buy methylprednisolone pills
famotidine buy online tacrolimus 1mg us buy remeron 15mg online cheap
order requip 2mg sale ropinirole 2mg oral purchase labetalol pill
order tadalafil 10mg online buy plavix 75mg pills order trimox 250mg for sale
buy tricor pills purchase fenofibrate without prescription viagra for men over 50
order esomeprazole 40mg without prescription nexium 20mg sale furosemide 100mg over the counter
tadalafil 20mg uk tadalafil pharmacy online viagra 100mg pill
cialis 10mg tablet cialis discount pills for ed
order glycomet 500mg sale order metformin online nolvadex 20mg usa
purchase provigil sale stromectol humans phenergan oral
generic clomid prednisolone 10mg ca oral prednisolone 40mg
deltasone 10mg price prednisone order cheap amoxicillin 1000mg
order absorica sale generic acillin brand ampicillin 500mg
sildenafil order online pregabalin 150mg drug buy proscar 1mg
ivermectin tablet price buy stromectol 3mg order deltasone 5mg without prescription
ondansetron 8mg pills amoxicillin 500mg pill order bactrim 960mg
purchase absorica pills amoxil 1000mg generic order zithromax 500mg pill
buy albuterol sale amoxiclav canada amoxiclav medication
prednisolone online buy prednisolone 5mg pills furosemide us
dutasteride over the counter dutasteride cheap orlistat without prescription
vibra-tabs brand acyclovir order online cheap zovirax 400mg
imuran price buy telmisartan 20mg naprosyn oral
ditropan 5mg oral oxybutynin 2.5mg pills oral oxcarbazepine
order generic cefdinir 300mg order cefdinir 300 mg pills order pantoprazole 20mg sale
purchase zocor generic buy sildalis without prescription buy generic sildalis
avlosulfon 100mg drug avlosulfon 100 mg price atenolol drug